Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Blink-182

This post was supposed to be a glowing report about how AMAZING the Blink-182 concert was and how AWESOME it feels to cross of another think off my list of 24 things. But after a bunch of really terrible comments I've been getting today that have been ruining how amazing the experience was for me today, I don't feel like being that nice or happy.

I've never understood people who are unkind based solely on their tastes in music. I have loved Blink for just under 10 years. Their music is something that has always moved me in a way nothing else really has. I don't care if the next album is going to suck, it doesn't discount the way they changed the face of rock music in the 10 years they were a band. I don't care if it was stupid that they broke up, all I care about is that they are back together.

They put on a FABULOUS show, even when they messed up they sounded amazing. Tom started playing the wrong song and totally fessed up to it. I didn't even notice. They laughed together and joked like the best friends they really are. I also met Mark and he was kind and gracious and when I told him I loved him, he said he loved me back. I know that he doesn't really mean it in the sense he want my hand in marriage, but with out me and people like me, he wouldn't be making any money.

But when I put up on my facebook that I met him and it was a great experience and someone puts "That's too bad, because he's a tool" really pisses me off! What right does anyone else have to rain on my parade. Mark is a person who is very special to me. He and I are both came from a home that wasn't very happy at times. His life, of course was much more terrible than mine. But we both came from home without good fathers and we are both products of divorce.

The song "Stay Together For The Kids" was a song that I always identified with. It was so difficult to deal with my parents divorce. Songs like that made me feel a little less alone. I cried when they sang it last night. It was such a surreal feeling to be standing there hearing Mark sing that song right in front of me and evoke the feeling that it would bring about when I would hear that song. It felt like Mark was hugging me and telling me he understood.

I HATE that people get mean about something like that. Music is about connecting personally with it. Finding your own reason to love music is why people keep making music. People want to connect on a deep level with thier music. I find my conncetion with a band that you can't deny is TALENTED, I mean, you can't listen to Travis Barker drum and not say he's talented. I won't say he's the best drummer ever but he's is definetly on a top 2o list of drummers. Travis learned to play over 20 songs in 2 hours when he first played with Blink. That is an amazing feat of talent.

I just don't like people "judging" me by the music I like. Grow up, get off your high horse, stop being an ass, and just let people like the music they like.

No comments: