Saturday, November 7, 2009

Open Letters...Again

So I'm all kinds of nervous and excited for my debut tonight so I can only write in open letters. I can't think too much or I'll freak myself out.

Dear Tummy-
Seriously? Do you need to be upset ALL day? I'm aware it's mostly nerves, but still. I need some freaking pepto.

Dear Tonight-
I've been waiting for you for a while.

Dear Evo Shandor-
You are the only one for me, you adorable turtle. I hope you and I have a long life together!

Dear Acute Therapy Staff-
I never thought I would ever fit in with you, but the last few days I finally realized something. I do. You are a (relatively) great group of people and I'm so happy to be working here.

Dear Self-
I've so far never written to you, but seriously? You cleaned your room on Wednesday and it's already a MESS! Get with the program sister. You aren't 8 years old anymore!

Dear Rachel-
You, Me, passports, CABO, cruise ship, sunshine, photos, turtles, Halloween, dance parties, internet, man-bashing, "GRRRR, Satchel", awkward conversations that aren't actually awkward because we agree on it, boyfriend and royfriend. Need I say more?

Dear Amazing People in My Life,
Thanks so much in advance for coming to the show tonight. The fact that you are there will make life so much easier!

Dear Jacob-
Believe it or not, I adore our awkward non-conversations. You are a hillarious friend. Can't wait to magnify the awkwardness in February!

Dear Autumn/Fall-
GAH you have been so gorgeous the last week. I hope it stays like this until Thanksgiving. Hell, I'd like it to stay like this till Christmas. Just snow in the mountains to keep the skiers and the farmers happy.

Dear Sinclair-
You seriously make me laugh too much. I'm so glad to have found somone else who enjoys singing random crap like an opera. You are one of my favorite people ever! I love when you tease me about my 15%, and you understand my points of views on being a normal Mormon instead of a Stormin Mormon. I'm glad to have someone as awesome as you in my corner.

Dear Rocket Dog Shoes-
I would gladly be a walking advertisment for all of your shoes. They are comfortable, durable, and really quirky awesome. I haven't loved shoes the way I love yours since the Green 'Roos of 2005. Plaid sneakers, pink moccasins, and gold running shoes? You make me look like a crazy awesome person. You are the best.

Dear Chai Latte-
Why did it take you so long to kick in today? I'm suddenly not feeling so tired but I drank you nearly 6 hours ago! What gives? Wait...that could have been the Diet Coke I drank at lunch. You did nothing Chai Lattes! Booooo. I still love you though!

Dear Cassie-
I wish you could be here tonight. I know where you are is the place you are supposed to be. Doing the Lords word is pretty important, but my debut won't be the same without you. I know you will be thinking about me and sending happy thoughts my way though. You are the best and I can't wait till you get home!

Dear Keri, The Jakes, Blake-Face, Inigo, and Brady-
I don't think I could ask for a better team to spend my evening with. I know I won't screw up too bad with Blake at the helm and the rest of you helping me be my best. Thanks for accepting me into your flock of awesome!

Nervously yours-
Brittany

1 comment:

Deanna said...

good luck tonight! I'm not sure what you're debuting, but I am sure you will be fabulous. oh and "stormin mormons" is so much cooler than saying "super mormons" I may have to switch